Sunday, August 28, 2011

Best Bean Soup!

To 7 cups of water add the following:
1/4 c dried lentils
1/4 c dried navy beans
1/4 c pinto beans (i am experimenting with replacing this bean with something else due to the texture)
1.4 c split or whole dired pes
3 tblspn minced dry onion
4 tblspn pearl barley ( i always add a little more since i like barley
2 tblspn dried celery flakes (  can also chop up the leaves of celery if your local grocery store does not carry the dried flakes)
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (slightly heaped..i like flavor)
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
3 green onions chopped

Bring to boil then turn off heat and let sit for an hour

or you can soak this over night as well

add a package of diced up ham or a pound of italian sausage



bring to boil  reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours until beans tender




2 comments:

  1. This sounds really delicious.This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. Ill be back.I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary[

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS MARY!!!! Its nice to have a reader other than my sister for once LOL

    ReplyDelete